Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Author: Watchtower
Views: 488
Replies: 3
Nigeria will burn if Jonathan is arrested, Ijaw Leader warns FG

Watchtower

Threads: 3,603

Ijaw leader, Hon. Kennedy Orubebe  has warned the Federal Government against arresting Former President Goodluck Jonathan, saying that Nigeria will burn if that is attempted.

Kennedy Orubebe who is a founding member of the Federated Niger Delta Izon Communities (FNDIC) and PANDEF, said any effort to probe the ex-President should commence with thorough investigation into all sleaze practices carried out under previous Presidents and Heads of state.

In his words ; “I vehemently say that for them to make any mistake of arresting Jonathan will not augur well for the present government. But we know that past Presidents and Heads of State in the country have committed a lot of atrocities against this country and nobody raised an eyebrow. I repeat if Buhari’s government makes any attempt to arrest President Jonathan, it will not be taken kindly particularly by the Ijaws. In fact, the country will burn.

“I know for sure that Buhari’s government will not arrest Jonathan. So, let’s leave it like that. But in case it happens, the entire Niger Delta will boil and Buhari will not be comfortable wherever he is. In fact, government should not think of that.

“Although Jonathan ignored his people when he was in power and developed the North, be that as it may, let this government remember that he (Jonathan) came from somewhere because he remains our son no matter what.

“If the government wants to make any arrest, they should start from the past Presidents and Heads of State that did something unconstitutional against this country. I remember that Chief Obasanjo’s name was mentioned in the Halliburton scandal; so, they should not think of arresting Dr. Jonathan because it will backfire seriously on them.”

Source: http://www.thebreakingtimes.com/nigeria-...-warns-fg/

slimsaint

Threads: 1,703

Apc govt should just leave Jonathan and his wife

slimsaint

We want peace to reign

slimsaint

Niger delta is behind Jonathan