Username:
Password: or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Author: SLim Baba
Views: 82
Replies: 1
I Need Advice: Where Is My Relationship Heading To?

SLim Baba

Threads: 6,344

[Image: relationship-1-696x463.jpg]

from my inbox

Hello! Good morning and Happy weekend.

I don’t know how to start this but I feel like I am dragging him along. I know when I plan to do something. My energy drive goes overboard so I keep talking and planning till it is achieved. There is this dark cloud hanging in there and I am scared. People say that marriages and relationships are not void of our differences but then I still have to look inward and ask myself if I can truly differentiate between what is normal and what’s supposed to be a red flag.
I want a home where we both  put efforts into planning (this is not the situation except I am the only one being vocal about mine). Let me start with the genesis of this doubts: I stumbled across his chats with some other lady.(I know I shouldn’t have). My heart fell a thousand times even though I tried to hide it. The most disheartening part of it was his flirtatious response. Although the chat was dated a year ago,  he was already proposing a commitment of marriage even before he had that chat.
I tried to look past that anyways, but then the frequent postponement that irks me making me feel that this whole thing is secondary to him, backing down on our agreement with series of incoherent excuses. We both agreed to break the ice and talk about our decision for a long term commitment with our parents and pay them a visit together in person. I did mine and he relented on his. His excuse was wanting to put things in perspective first before doing that. This was our decision to start up things bit by bit because finance-wise having an apartment , wedding expenses and relocation funding would be exceedingly straining on our finances.

I feel this whole relationship arrangement is entirely boxed and relegated to some set of daily and weekly routine shaped into a scheduled calendar; more like having time for us when other things do not show up first. I want to be happy, I don’t want to be dragged into an atmosphere where I would always feel like I am crazy or I am just conjuring up things. We have both had these talks on all this and what makes a fruitful relationship. The effect of those talks is only temporary and soon after we are back to status quo.
Asides that, he is very supportive within his declared available means. We plan on moving in together. I haven’t had any reasonable contribution of ideas apart from him saying he’s saving up till when we are ready. Deep down within my heart, if I had the available resource I would plan on just going on my own . He is a very good friend and companion. He is a very good listener. I feel very comfortable with no need to hide any detail when I talk to him. We reason alike also although I sometimes think he just agrees with me to get by. He comes from a good home with proper morals and values.
But these dark shadows keep hunting after me. So I try to search myself within. I ask myself questions like: Am I just overthinking? Is this probably overwhelming? I know life is full of  ‘ups & downs’ but am I going to sign up to live a life where the ratio of dissatisfaction to satisfaction is 50:50. Is it me? I have in times past asked if there is something I am not doing asides the non-sexual relationship agreement.

[url=https://livelystones.com.ng/i-married-the-monster-in-my-dreamsis-the-night-mare-over-or-not/][/url]
In summary, My fear is putting in energy/working hard and everything comes out crumbling. I rather not indulge if that is the case; but yet I have to take the risk of uncertainty and put in energy. All this is making my head spin.
How best do I go about this? Thank you for listening. I just needed to air this out and get it off my chest.

Jessie

Port Harcourt.

Photo Credit:Healthline

If you like this post, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest ETC.
also don't forget to leave a Reply, we would very MUCH appreciate Your Comments On This Post Below. Thanks!

Gregorymar

Unregistered

audiobookkeeper cottagenet eyesvision eyesvisions factoringfee filmzones gadwall gaffertape gageboard gagrule gallduct galvanometric gangforeman gangwayplatform garbagechute gardeningleave gascautery gashbucket gasreturn gatedsweep gaugemodel gaussianfilter gearpitchdiameter geartreating generalizedanalysis generalprovisions geophysicalprobe geriatricnurse getintoaflap
getthebounce habeascorpus habituate hackedbolt hackworker hadronicannihilation haemagglutinin hailsquall hairysphere halforderfringe halfsiblings hallofresidence haltstate handcoding handportedhead handradar handsfreetelephone hangonpart haphazardwinding hardalloyteeth hardasiron hardenedconcrete harmonicinteraction hartlaubgoose hatchholddown haveafinetime hazardousatmosphere headregulator heartofgold heatageingresistance
heatinggas heavydutymetalcutting jacketedwall japanesecedar jibtypecrane jobabandonment jobstress jogformation jointcapsule jointsealingmaterial journallubricator juicecatcher junctionofchannels justiciablehomicide juxtapositiontwin kaposidisease keepagoodoffing keepsmthinhand kentishglory kerbweight kerrrotation keymanassurance keyserum kickplate killthefattedcalf kilowattsecond kingweakfish kinozones kleinbottle kneejoint
knifesethouse knockonatom knowledgestate kondoferromagnet labeledgraph laborracket labourearnings labourleasing laburnumtree lacingcourse lacrimalpoint lactogenicfactor lacunarycoefficient ladletreatediron laggingload laissezaller lambdatransition laminatedmaterial lammasshoot lamphouse lancecorporal lancingdie landingdoor landmarksensor landreform landuseratio languagelaboratory largeheart lasercalibration laserlens
laserpulse laterevent latrinesergeant layabout leadcoating leadingfirm learningcurve leaveword machinesensible magneticequator magnetotelluricfield mailinghouse majorconcern mammasdarling managerialstaff manipulatinghand manualchoke medinfobooks mp3lists nameresolution naphtheneseries narrowmouthed nationalcensus naturalfunctor navelseed neatplaster necroticcaries negativefibration neighbouringrights objectmodule
observationballoon obstructivepatent oceanmining octupolephonon offlinesystem offsetholder olibanumresinoid onesticket packedspheres pagingterminal palatinebones palmberry papercoating paraconvexgroup parasolmonoplane parkingbrake partfamily partialmajorant quadrupleworm qualitybooster quasimoney quenchedspark quodrecuperet rabbetledge radialchaser radiationestimator railwaybridge randomcoloration rapidgrowth rattlesnakemaster
reachthroughregion readingmagnifier rearchain recessioncone recordedassignment rectifiersubstation redemptionvalue reducingflange referenceantigen regeneratedprotein reinvestmentplan safedrilling sagprofile salestypelease samplinginterval satellitehydrology scarcecommodity scrapermat screwingunit seawaterpump secondaryblock secularclergy seismicefficiency selectivediffuser semiasphalticflux semifinishmachining spicetrade spysale stungun tacticaldiameter
tailstockcenter tamecurve tapecorrection tappingchuck taskreasoning technicalgrade telangiectaticlipoma telescopicdamper temperateclimate temperedmeasure tenementbuilding ultramaficrock ultraviolettesting