Username:
Password: or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Author: Watchtower
Views: 428
Replies: 0
The New Face Of Investment In Africa: African Development Bank’s Akinwunmi Adesina

Watchtower

Threads: 3,029

[Image: 7161B4D2-4D2A-4598-BEEE-41EBD633E7DB.jpeg]

The man behind African Investment Forum (AIF) is on a mission with his two passions – encouraging the world to invest in Africa and getting his fellow Africans to grow food. He is Akinwumi Adesina – President, African Development Bank (AfDB).

Adesina is like a breath of fresh air in the often stifling world of African leadership. He is smart, charismatic, speaks in quotable sound bites and loaded with international and government experience. He can hold a room, with style and a smile, sporting a trademark bow tie and quip for all occasions.

“I wear it because it is sexy and cool to be in the agriculture business. You mustn’t forget that by 2030 65% of the world’s arable land will be in Africa,” says Adesina at the launch of AIF, which will be held in Johannesburg between November 7 and 9.

Adesina earned a PhD in agricultural economics in the United States, but cut his teeth across Africa. By his own admission, he was happiest when treading the red African soil in gumboots.

Thus he declared: “When I watch on TV Africans clinging to rickety boats trying to get to Europe that is not the Africa I want to see. I want a new Africa that people want to come to and not move out of.”

Source: http://nepabox.com/story/new-face-invest...i-adesina/