Username:
Password: or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Author: slimsaint
Views: 62
Replies: 0
Police Arrest 2 IPOB Members For Allegedly Bombing Home Of Ohaneze Ndigbo Leader, Nwo

slimsaint

Threads: 3,095

Two months after the home of the President General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief Nnia Nwodo was bombed, the police in Enugu yesterday paraded two persons suspected to have participated in the attack.[Image: biafra.jpg]File photo
[size=undefined]

Two members of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), who allegedly bombed the home of the President-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief Nnia Nwodo, have been apprehended by Police officials from the Enugu State Police Command.

According to a report by Vanguard, the police claimed that the two suspects identified as Ekene Okechukwu from Anambra State and Gabriel Alagba from Ebonyi State, were the ones that detonated an Improvised Explosive Device (IED), on April 29, 2018 at the house of Chief Nwodo in Ukehe, Enugu State.

The two suspects, however, denied being responsible for the IED explosion.

Police said that the two suspects involved in Nwodo’s saga were members of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB.

Whereas Okechukwu denied being a member of IPOB, Alagba accepted membership of the pro-Biafra group and also admitted that he sent a threat message to Nwodo from Lagos, where he was residing.

Alagba stated that it was after he listened to Radio Biafra and got Nwodo’s number that he sent him a message to beware of anti-Biafra actions.

He said, “I sent threat message to Nnia Nwodo, though I am very sorry because I don’t know the person in particular. Nobody asked me to send the message, but I heard his phone number on Radio Biafra when they were discussing what the person did.

"I was very annoyed, so I sent that very message that he should leave Biafra alone or I will deal with him.”
[/size]