• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Author: Watchtower
Views: 83
Replies: 0
Patrick Etim: VP Osibanjo A Good Man Trapped In A Bad System

Watchtower

Threads: 3,603

[Image: 28C6A601-333A-4B53-9CEB-3B84D46489A1-768x524.jpeg]

I have always had a subdued admiration for Osibanjo. Subdued because I have found it difficult to reconcile some of utterances with the personality of him I have come to know from friends.

My perception changed a few days ago when I sat a table away from him at the opening ceremony of the NBA Section on Business Law. I watched him intently as he sat there exchanging pleasantries with other lawyers and when he delivered his address.

I saw a very good man trapped in a bad system. I listened to his arguments against the Africa Free Trade and his efforts with regards to the ease of doing business in Nigeria and that is when I realised that we need him to remain this government, if only to act as a restraint to the rampaging devourers.

When you look at a man’s face, look into his eyes deeply, you will be able to see a good man or bad man, depending on how deep your spirit of discernment can go. I had the same view of the Minister of Trade and Investment, Okechukwu Enelamah. He is a sincere fellow.

I have come to respect the Vice President and understand his limitations. I now see him as a man trying trying to change the system from within. I can’t say how well he is doing it or whether he has joined them, feeling he can’t beat them.

http://nepabox.com/story/patrick-etim-vp...ad-system/